Diving trip Karimunjawa island
A diving tour in Karimunjawa is perfect for those who want to dive deep and find the tranquility of the Java sea. Karimunjawa is perfect for snorkeling as a lot of the reef is relatively shallow, however, to spot the shyer fish and other sea creatures, a deeper dive into the water is the way to do it. Besides the deep reefs and the beautiful sea life, Karimunjawa has a rich history hidden on the bottom of the surrounding sea. Multiple shipwrecks, both in shallow and deep water, make Karimunjawa the perfect dive destination for both beginners and more experienced divers.
|MEETING POINT||Karimunjawa Package office or the meeting point on Town Square in front of Wisma Karimunjawa.|
|MEETING TIME||The tour is available starting from 08:00 but most guest leave at 9:00.|
|RETURN LOCATION||Karimunjawa Village harbour.|
|RETURN TIME||Around sunset (17:00 – 18:00).|
|INCLUDED||Karimunjawa style fisher boat, captain & gasoline.
Parking cost at the island & harbour entrance.
Fresh fish BBQ on the beach, with coconuts, snacks & drinking water.
Underwater camera & a copy of the pictures to your USB or memory card.
Diving gear & life jacket.
Entrance ticket for the shark pool or turtle sanctuary when visiting either of these places during your shared island tour. However, if you want to release baby turtles, this isn’t included in the price.
|BRING WITH YOU||For your island hopping trip, we recommend bringing the following.> A towel & dry clothing.
> Reusable water bottle & snacks for in between swimming.
> A shirt to swim in.
> Some money to buy a drink/snack and to tip your guide/crew.
> Sunscreen (high factor and reef-safe recommended).
|To be considerate of the citizens of Karimunjawa, we urge you to wear clothes that cover your body before and after the tour. Please don’t walk through the village in only swimwear. Besides that, we encourage our guest to wear a shirt while snorkeling over the reef, not only to protect your own skin, but also to reduce the amount of sunscreen in the water as this is proven to be extremely harmful for the reef.|
- A standard diving trip exists out of two dives, location depending on your experience, a visit to one of the islands to escape from the midday heat and enjoy a beautiful fish barbecue, and a second stop to another island, beach, or a mesmerizing place like a sandbank. If you want to add an extra dive this is also possible, one dive from around 45 minutes (depending on your oxygen usages). This type of tour requires you to have a PADI registered diving license which will be checked before departure.
- The price for this tour is based on a minimal of two participants. The price will change if the tour gets booked by more than two people and it is possible to book the trip by yourself and to go out on the water alone.
- An alternative is that we try to match you with another traveler who likes to go diving or that you bring someone on the water who likes to go snorkeling while you are exploring the deep waters. Many spots are perfect for both snorkeling and diving and the captain of the boat can accompany your friend while the guide follows you to the deeper waters.
- The dive trip includes a barbecue on the beach during which the crew will prepare and serve fresh fish, vegetables, rice, egg/tempe/tofu, traditional crackers (Krupuk), water and fruit. During the private tour, you will also get a fresh coconut, extra fruit and snacks.
- For this trip you are required to pay entrance to Karimunjawa National Park. You have already purchased this ticket in the Karimunjawa harbour, make sure to bring it with you. For more information about the National Park fee, please check our FAQ-page.
- Do you not have a diving license yet, but would you like to experience what it is like to dive to the sea bottom? Then a Fun Dive is perfect for you. Or would you like to get your diving license on the calm and beautiful waters of Karimunjawa? Then get your Padi here in Karimunjawa. Please contact us for more information.